Wednesday, June 15, 2005

User Opinion

My experience with Tata Indicom has so far been harrowing. I applied for a
broadband connection on 22nd April 2005 vide application number 1383163 and
order number 61716. While I was being sold the connection I was told that it
will take merely 7 days for the connection to become operational. Two days later
I received a call from Tata Indicom whose purpose was to reconfirm receipt of m
application and the verification of my address. The gentelman on the other side
very kindly informed me that the minimum time required is 12 working days. Well,
I said to myself, few days here and there does not really matter.

Alas! the few days turned into many days and then many weeks and now almost two
months. The wait continues. One day in between two gentelment from the company
came to my place to ostensibly install the connection. My father-in-law, who was
at home at that time, received them. They then said that they will come back the
next day to complete (?) the work. Till date they have neither bothered to come,
call or do anything. Meanwhile, I have called the call centre on numerous
occasions only to hear â??apologiesâ??, â??comprehensionâ?? and promises â??to
escalate the problemâ?? to â??senior executivesâ??. I am still waitingâ?�

Tata, a name once synomymous with reliability in India, appears to be slipping.
They should realise that times have changed. It was easy in the yesteryears to
appear professional and efficient compared with the largely lethargic and
complacent public sector but in todayâ??s world of globalisation,
hypercompetition and international benchmarking, the rules are different and the
game definitely much tougher. Sooner they learn this lesson, the better. The
consumer is no longer willing to wait for preposterously long periods for
services. Testing customer pateince in todayâ??s world may not be a sound
business idea!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home