Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Its best to say `tata’ (goodbye) to `TATA’

Its best to say `tata’ (goodbye) to `TATA’. When they had taken over the broadband segment of `Dishnet DSL’ I had lots of pleasant dreams. At that time there were no other broadband suppliers in Kolkata.
I applied for the same and was promised connection in 5 days (they had told me specifically that I should not expect speeds above 400kbps.. for a 512kbps connection. Well they did give me the connection in 7 days.
Once BSNL came into the scene, I told the guys at TATA Indicomm to change their plans otherwise there was no need for me to stick with them (I’d like to point out that I have been using the dial up connection of VSNL since its inception on the 15th of August 1995). That made no difference to them.. hence I told them to keep the line on hold for a few months.
I have not been billed since then.. on a number of occasions their field engineer had rung me up and requested me to surrender the modem. I have told them to pay be back the deposit (via cash, since they had taken the same via cash too) and take back their equipment.
Nothing has materialised so far.. and as I said before, It’s high time I bid `tata’ to `TATA’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home