Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Another one, after being so harassed by Tata Indicom

Another one, after being so harassed by Tata Indicom.
I am a customer of their broadband service in Mumbai. On 18th April, my subscription was to expire. So, I got myself a renewal pack and renewed on the 17th April. 18th April onwards I could not log on and surf. While trying to check the account that the web site told me that I did not have sufficient money in my account.
So, I called tata indicom’s call centre and after much effort, they managed to locate that the money was topped up, but the account validity for some reason had not gotten extended. The suggestion was for me to buy another renewal pack and renew again, which I refused to do. I was given a complaint number. Since then I have been calling every other day to check on the status, and every some days they cancel my previous call and provide me another complaint number. Thus ensuring that the age of the complaint is never much.
Since the 18th April, I have not been able to use my internet account. I was called once day before and told that the problem had been rectified, but that was untrue. I have called twice today and I am given the same long useless story. When I asked for a supervisor, I was denied the opportunity to talk to any supervisor.
And today, Tata Indicom sends me an email (as below) saying that my account has been made inactive.
This, I think is straightforward incompetence and now they are sitting on my money and earning interest and have shown no interest to sort the issue out.

2 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger p s juneja said...

i have install tata broadband connection on 10 april 2007 and till 11 may 2007 I have lodge over 20 complaints. and from 11 may 2007 it was not working. after repeated complaint and meeting higher official at GK II new delhi it was rectified on 25 june 2007. now they are refused to extend my period. I will never advice any one to install tata broadband connection. I will now renew my connection at any cost. the worst service provider. p s juneja

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I may be just another dissatisfied customer writing this complaint in shear frustration.

But I would like to draw your attention towards the mismanagement in the customer care service that Tata Indicom maintains. When you call their customer care, they certainly come forward with an “We Care” attitude but take a closer look, it’s just the same old “Protocol” they maintain, which they read out from a ‘Script” that's given to them, which gets logged in as yet another “Complaint Number”… just to conclude with a sweet voice that says “Sir, our field technician/engineer will get in touch with you within 24 hours”.

Here’s the number of complaints that I have filed since the time I opted for a Tata Indicom services. The connection was taken on 3rd March 2007. The tariff plan is Power On & On 6 – 256 for an amount of Rs. 6,061/-

User id: vickram.swamy@vsnl.net

5th March ’07 – 1824182
7th March ’07 – 1840308
8th march ’07 – 1848950
10th March ’07 – 1862080
12th March ’07 – 1875806
5th April ’07 – 2068362
7th April ’07 – 2077204
5th June ’07 – 2585300
22nd June ’07 – 2751548
13th July ’07 – 2960908
23rd July – A Gentle Reminder

The outcome is the same, a friendly voice as always claiming to resolve the problem in 24 hours. However, this time they have asked time for 10 working days, as the problem is due to a ‘Trunk Cable Cut’. So, the endless waiting never ends. That’s Tata Indicom’s Customer Service for you.

Thanks!

Vickram Swamy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home