Saturday, July 26, 2008

tata indicom internet

Location: Andheri (E), Bombay
ok, my story with tata indicom internet is very simple or very critical. I have been told its a limited 199 pack….free between 8pm to 8 am…speed 256…i thougt great…because in any way i come back from office after or around 8…..i got the service….now i hv got a bill of 990….imagine….i rarely use internet before 8 (some hours in the weekends…) but can that take my bill to 900…..???
The bill that i received does not have any detail into it…so i asked the sales guy who gave me the service (why I didnt ask customer service department?? Thats an another story…will write in the next paragraph)…so i asked the sales guy…who after consulting with his engineer friends (servicing guys are called engineers…fair enough…me not an engineer…i am sure engineering degree holders wont sulk)…so the sales guy after consulting with his engineer friend informed me about tataindicom.com. I logged in but could not get the itemised bill copy because it asks me to send an sms to 121 from my mobile….i could not get a response because i use vodafone, and tata management believes that everyone using their internet service will be having tata mobile…cool logic….
Now coming back to customer service or call center. i have been told its a 24 hr call center…but friends, try calling them in 022-67908000 (bombay no) after evening and no one will pick up up ur phone…i tested my patience and even waited for one hour and fifteen minutes….no one bothered…if u dont have a tata mobile phone the number is not toll free…
So, i went to office and try to speak with them in the normal office hours….yes…someone picked up after 15-20 minutes…..but she said she cant help me because i m not sitting infront of my computer…i told her i m in office….she said then go home and then call….i said i cant…she said ok call whenever u reach home…i said but u ppl dont pick up phones…i tried many times…she said we are 24*7 avaialble…i said ur sales guy told me to call at the day time becuase it seems no one is there at the office after evening…she said give me the sales guys name and phone number….i felt pity for the sales guy and did not inform her his name…anyway, after much cajoling and request, she agreed to send one ‘engineer’ to my place after office hours…the engineer came that night, checked the modem and said he cant do anything because he only checks the ‘Link’ light (there are 4 lights blink on the modem…power, link, data and lan)…so the specialized engineer went back. I prepared myself for another round of conversation for the next day….
The service is also not good…link goes down pretty often. I am used to see ‘destination not recahable’on the pinbox…sometimes it goes normal after 10-15 minutes…sometimes not……….

8 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

you are correct. My bill for this month is Rs 935. I told my father that though i didn't use the net during 8am-8pm the bill has accounted to such a huge amount.I curse this company if they don't change their attitude soon they will be at huge loss.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

before the tata indicom 256kbps Rs 199 plan I was using sify brodband at 128kbps it was much faster than this

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger S.T.Moile.Thiruvengadam said...

YOU ARE CENT PERCENT CORRECT THESE
TATABROADBAND AND TATA INDICOM FELLOWS.I AM USING THE PREPAID UNLIMITED BROADBAND CONNECTION SINCE LAST YEAR ONLY IN THE FIRST MONTH I HAVE NOT FACED ANY PROBLEM AFTER THAT EVERY MONTH I LAST MORE THAN 7 TO 8 DAYS DUE TO LINE DISCONNECTION DUE TO VARIOUS REASON AND NO QUICK ATTENTION WAS GIVEN TO CUSTOMERS AS YOU SAID IN YOUR COMMENTS.ALL THE CONSUMERS WHO WERE SUFFERED WITH TATABROAD BAND & TATAINDICOM SERVICE SHOULD JOIN TOGETHER AND FILE A SUIT AGAINST THIS CHEATS AND CREATE AWARENESS TO THE PUBLIC NOT TO GO FOR TATAS BROADBAND & TELEPHONE AND MOBILE SERVICES.THIS TIME I AM REPEATED SENDING MAILS TO CUSTOMER SERVICE,NODAL OFFICER FOR THE REGION, TRAI, ABOUT MY PROBLEM BUT NO ACTION WAS TAKEN IT MERE WASTE

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes i too agree to the fact that Tata indicom is very poor in service.

They dont respect customers and think themselves to be kings.

If you call on customer care line you are kept waiting.. and updates are not proper either.
I infact dont get 15 days internet every month.. they giv some reason or the other for the downtime.
Finally i got fed up wth their service and told them to disconnect my line.. but they dint disconnect and kept accumulating my bills for 2 months.
then once i came to knw about that, they said i should have given a written letter to confirm my disconnection.

Now they send bills afer bills.. forcing me to pay for what i have not used.

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I had converted my VSNL Dial Up to a Broadband connection and did so only because it was Tata Indicom, though other alternatives are available in the market.
I had opted for the Unlimited "Power On & On 1-512" paying Rs, 17,100+++ and I was told that it will be valid for ONE Year plus the Credit from my Dial Up. I did have over Rs 3,000/- credit from my VSNL Dial Up A/c and I was advised by their Franchise Sales Person that this credit will be added to my Broadband Account.
After a lot of follow up and reminders their people finally installed the Braoadband connection (in Aug 2008), but still did not complete the mounting of the Router properly and even the cable connection is still loose, resulting in bad connectivity at times.
Now, to top it all they have advsied me that my connection is inactive, thanks for that.
Even now, after a lot of personal calls and follow up in person at their office, they hv discovered the omission from their side. Someone did not care to relate my VSNL Dial Up A/c to Broadband Account though my application itself clearly states this.
Just 3 days back they said that my connection has been restored, but that never happened. Even now the Router is till left haning and the cable still has poor quality connection. Something , we expect Tata to do better than others.
Since they had taken the pain to advsie of my connection going inactive, I thought this person who sent this mail, will forward my response mail to the concerned officials in their organization and help me get this sorted out (the mounting of the Router and ensuring better cable termination).
My future plans to continue with Tata Broadband will ceratinly depend on the quality of response I receive for this mail as well as what they do about those outstanding issues I have listed above.

Until then,I ill dare not recommend anyone (even my worst enemy) to Tataindicom-VSNL Broadband).

have a nice day.
Best regards
C Swaminathan

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger iSupportGuy said...

Great news for Hyderabad,
Get Broadband Internet Connection (Hyderabad) at your door step.
Call 9246100900 or visit http://www.tatabroadbandhyderabad.ioffice.in
Our Product Offers:
• Photon+ : High speed mobile internet connection.
• Photon whiz : Wireless internet connection.
• Photon pro : Wire line internet connection.
• Walky -Talky
• Land line Phones
• CDMA Mobile Phones.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Somu said...

My future plans to continue with Tata Broadband will ceratinly depend on the quality of response I receive for this mail as well as what they do about those outstanding issues I have listed above....
We provide Tata Broadband Connection Hyderabad

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger Somu said...

I have been told its a limited 199 pack….free between 8pm to 8 am…speed 256…i thougt great…because in any way i come back from office after or around 8…..i got the service….now i hv got a bill of 990….imagine….i rarely use internet before 8.....
We provide Tata Broadband Connection Hyderabad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home