Friday, October 21, 2005

Tata Indicom Broadband Woes

Hi,
I got my Tata Indicom Broadband connection finally on Sept 13th 2005. Here are some metrics associated I would like to share.
�« 5 weeks lead time from the time I paid up to the time I got the connection.
�« 20+ follow up calls, possibly much more.
�« Calling list included:
o The representative who came and took the subscription money.
o The connection manager who is responsible to send the technician to my house to get the connection done.
o The marketing manager for Bangalore.
�« All this felt lousy as there was no interest from the agency to come and set up things, no one truly cared.
�« Finally the technician came and set it up.
Things were fine until Oct 11th when the connection went down. The first complaint (2412699) was logged on Oct 11th and the latest one was yesterday (2456415), here are some more metrics:
�« Today is Oct 21st and still no sign of any fix.
�« I have called up customer rep daily at least twice.
�« All reps say the same thing and promise a call back within 24 hours, WHOLE LOAD OF BULL.
�« No one calls back.
�« If I ask to be connected to a senior person or manager here are the reasons given:
o The supervisor will call back in 1 hour.
o The supervisor is having dinner as it is his break time and so he will call back later.
o There is no one available right now.
o The supervisor says blah blah.
�« But not once did I ever receive the call back nor did the supervisor come and speak to me on the phone when asked for. All dealings were done thru the rep.
�« There is no weekend service, they never show up or do any fix up on weekends.
�« They don¡�t provide any service in the evening.
�« I don¡�t understand this, the customer would be working during the day so it makes sense to have extended service times (after evening) or weekend visits to address issues when customer is at home.
�« Fro the last 11 days I have no internet at home and therefore I am unable to work out of my premises. My work profile is such that I need to be online in the night for some time; lot of communication takes place with other centers. But thx to TIB I have been providing the excuse repeatedly for the last 11 days that my internet is down. I have been asked by my manager to go to BSNL as they seem to be more reliable. I am almost at the verge of making the leap.
Today Oct 21st I feel the following:
1. TIB is a stupid company which is going to loose major business.
2. ZERO accountability.
3. NO ONE CARES.
4. LOUSY service and total lack of ownership.
Yesterday I did get a call from a technician while I am in office. He shouts ¡¥is the internet working¡�. I think what an idiot; I am at office how the heck he expects me to check if the connection is fixed up or not. So I tell him I will check in the evening and call him back. But he says I can¡�t call him but I need to call customer service and follow up if it is still not fixed. This butt head does not even have an equipment to check from my house whether the connection is there or not. He does not even bother to come to my house and do the check. Very Very frustrating INDEED!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home