Monday, May 29, 2006

Tata Indicom Broadband

I got my dial-up account converted to Tata Indicom Broadband during last week of February this year. I opted for Always-On Connection and around Rs 1000 balance in my dial-up account was converted to Broadband account. In addition I was advised by Tata Indicom to subscribe for Auto renewal pack Surf 500 (costing Rs. 375 ) which would get activated on May 8 2006, on expiry of the Always-On pack.
From March 20th onwards the broadband service was very erratic, and I lodged 4 complaints with the customer cell. From March 30 onwards I was not able to connect at all till May 7 (38 days !), when the Always -On Pack expired. Always-On pack charges a flat rate of Rs. 15/day irrespective of the usage of broadband. I had been assured by the Customer service that I will not be charged from the day of the last complaint (i.e. March 30) till the expiry of the pack or till the connection is set right whichever earlier.
However despite several reminders to customer care, my account has not been credited for the value of the amoumt lost for 38 days.
Tata Indicom rectified what they called was a cable fault and I was able to connect for 2 -3 days starting May 8 using the auto renewal pack Surf 500 which debits the amount based on uploads/downloads. The problem of non-access resurfaced again on May 10 and persisted till May 23. Again after repeated reminders VSNL engineers set it right. However I now find that though my net usage is only for Rs 37/- as of today, I find that the balance remaining in my account is just Rs 138 instead of Rs 338 /- ( a discrepancy of Rs 200 /- !)
Inspite of my repeated reminders both vial e-mails and phone calls to Customer care, the reimbursement of 38 days of Always-ON account and the recitification of billing discrepancy on Surf500 account has not been done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home